For UCSF there are a significant number of enterprise web applications in use; currently, 84 are listed on the MyAccess site. For many of these applications, access administrators must manually assign access to individuals. Currently, there is no automated way to request access for an application. The objective of this project is to create a uniform and centralized process for members of the UCSF community to request and grant access to many of the systems across the enterprise.
- Create a request web application with a matrix of applications to enable an application request function
- Modify the MyAccess web application with a link to the request web application
- Modify the EDS to store what applications the user has access to
- Provide Access administrator or Application Security administrator a way to update EDS with access changes.
- Email notification for the requester, approver, granter
- Create reporting from EDS.
Impact on UCSF's mission and/or community:
UCSF can move to a more uniform and centralized process to request and grant access to applications across the university. For individuals with access to the existing MyAccess web site, they will be able to submit a request for access to an application listed in the proposed new web application, if that application owner has worked to have it setup. A process will be defined for the setup, approval, and provisioning of access that will result in the following benefits:
- A single place for 28,000+ users to not just to login into web applications but to also request access.
- A defined process that ensures a simpler access provisioning process, leading to faster turnaround times and more opportunities for automation.
- Better reporting and auditing of users and access to UCSF applications.
- A more efficient service model for groups supporting the UCSF community (ie. Service Desk, IT field service groups, administrative offices, etc.)
- Moderate to significant cost savings once all the phases are implemented derived from operational efficiencies and better security management.
Team members, roles, %:
Developer - Application
Developer – EDS
Commenting is closed.