Medical education nationwide has a new focus on learning outcomes and the competencies of a graduating medical student. This approach opens the option for medical schools to move away from a time-based, required four years for medical education.
Your IDEAS building Bridges!
Here we present ongoing challenges that relate to the UCSF Bridges Curriculum. We seek your ideas and input to help us build a stronger curriculum that educates the 21st Century Physician, while improving health and reducing suffering. Watch this space for regular challenge questions posted for open discussion. We welcome your thoughts and ideas and want to hear from you!
- First Challenge is closed — see what we've learned
We have summarized the results into three key findings:
- Themes for which there was consensus among respondents regardless of whether they agreed with whether UCSF should have a three-year medical school
- Themes from those who either supported or did not support the notion of a three-year medical school and reasons why
- Suggestions respondents suggested should be considered in developing a three-year medical school
- Next Challenge coming soon